Rapoport Academy Public School is a FREE open-enrollment, lottery-draw, public charter school serving students in PreK - 12th grade from the following Central Texas school districts: Abbott, Axtell, Bosqueville, Bruceville-Eddy, China Spring, Clifton, Connally, Crawford, Gholson, Hubbard, LaVega, Lorena, Mart, McGregor, Midway, Moody, Riesel, Robinson, Valley Mills, Waco, West, and Whitney. A student who resides in these school districts is eligible to attend Rapoport Academy.
PreK - 4 Eligibility
State law requires that students who enroll in free public Pre-kindergarten meet certain criteria. To be eligible for enrollment in a free prekindergarten class, a child must be at least four years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year and meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- is educationally disadvantaged (which means a student eligible to participate in the
national free or reduced-price lunch program... guidelines can be found here); or
- is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code; or
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
TEC §29.153(b), SAAH, Section 7.2, TEC 5.001 (4)