Rapoport Academy Public School is a FREE open-enrollment, lottery draw school serving the following Central Texas school districts: Abbott, Axtell, Bosqueville, Bruceville-Eddy, China Spring, Clifton, Connally, Crawford, Gholson, Hubbard, LaVega, Lorena, Mart, McGregor, Midway, Moody, Riesel, Robinson, Valley Mills, Waco, West, and Whitney. This means that any student who resides in these school districts is eligible to attend Rapoport Academy. Rapoport Academy serves grades Pre-kindergarten through 12. State law requires that students who enroll in free public Pre-kindergarten meet certain criteria. All Pre-k students must be 4 years old on or before September 1 in the year they enroll. (Kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before September 1.)
For application questions, please contact our Director of Community Relations, Gaylene Reed. Feel free to
or call (254) 855-2397 with questions about the process. You can download a lottery draw application form below or pick one up at an information session. The application process is outlined below:
- If you are applying for the 2015-2016 school year, click here.
- If you are applying for Pre-K, you must complete the Pre-K Application, supplement, and provide proof of eligibility (income, benefits letter, military identification, etc.) (click here).
- Submit application for lottery draw (by April 1) or waiting list (after April 1) (drop off at any campus front desk)
- You will be notified by phone if your child receives an enrollment spot via the lottery draw or waiting list.
- After notification, your application will be forwarded to the appropriate campus.
- Campus staff will contact you to complete campus-specific enrollment process.
Information Sessions and Campus Tours Available!
Information sessions are valuable resources to learn about each campus and ask questions in one setting. Each session starts at 5:30 pm and will be located in the Dunnam Creative Arts Building on the Quinn Campus - 1020 Elm Ave. To reserve your seat, call Mrs. Reed (254-855-2397) or Mrs. Thomas (254-754-8000) in advance to register for one of the information sessions below. These sessions may fill up quickly.
|2015-16 Information Sessions
|Tuesday, Aug 11
|Thursday, Sept. 17
Participants must call (254) 855-2397 or (254) 799-4191(ext. 3021) in advance to register for a tour of one or more campuses.
Each tour date includes a 30-minute tour of each campus in the following order: High School (8:00am), Middle School (9:00am), East Elementary (10:00am), North Elementary (11:00am).
- Feb. 1: We will begin accepting applications for the 2016-2017 school year
- April 1: Applications due for lottery draw which occurs on April 15
- After April 1: Applications are still accepted with new applicants added to the waiting list in the order recieved.
Applications for enrollment are accepted year-round. Applications received after April 1 will be added to the wait list in the order received.