Rapoport Academy Music Program
Playing a musical instrument teaches the learner about more than just music. More importantly, it teaches self-discipline, accountability, self-expression, teamwork, leadership, and problem solving. The courses will teach students Music Theory, Musicianship, Music History, Music Appreciation, Music Literature and Musical Application.
Goals in our Rapoport music classes: The students will:
1. Perform on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Read and notate music.
3. Listen to, analyze, and describe music.
4. Evaluate music and music performances.
5. Understand relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
6. Understand music in relation to history and culture.
7. Demonstrate by action student individual improvement gained by a pursuit of excellence, and contribute that musicianship to the music group of which a student is a member.