The Academy Alliance is comprised of corporations, businesses and individuals who support Rapoport Academy as we strive for excellence beyond the norm in education. Community involvement is a win-win situation for the school and the community partner. The school benefits in a very tangible way—new uniforms for soccer teams—science supplies—musical instruments—mentors—speakers—meals—sponsorships—and so much more. The community entity gains the satisfaction and recognition of having helped one or more deserving students, or perhaps a robotics, rocketry, athletic, music, science or one-act play competitor or performer.
Because 73% of our students come from economically disadvantaged households, and the academy only receives about two-thirds of the average per-student funding among public school districts (and NO facilities funding), any donation or sponsorship is most welcome.
If you would like to support our students in their endeavors, please contact Gaylene Reed. She will be happy to work with you to ensure a rewarding and successful partnership for both you and the Academy.
— 254-754-8000 or 254-855-2397
Examples of Alliance opportunities are listed below:
1. Partner for a year or more with one of the Rapoport Academy campuses. (Cost to be determined by community partner and R.A.)
2. Sponsor one of the following:
- Robotics or Rocketry competition
- Athletic teams (basketball, soccer, volleyball, track and field, golf, swim team)
- Annual high school Clean Energy Conference
- Chorale Fusion (multi-age choir), Jazz Ensemble, emerging band program
- Sixth grade one-night college tour ($1,000) or 7th and 8th grade two-night college tour ($2,500)
3. Donate office supplies, furniture (desks, couches, chairs, bookcases, etc), school supplies, computers, vehicles (pickup truck), buses, books, teacher meals for staff development days—ASK US BEFORE YOU THROW OR GIVE AWAY ANYTHING!!!
4. Our Show Choir needs gently worn men’s tuxedos and women’s long black dresses.
5. We need gently used towels and washcloths for the athletic locker rooms.
6. Volunteer to mentor or tutor students or speak to classes about your profession or passion. Encourage your employees to ask us about opportunities to enrich students' lives and support them academically.
RAPOPORT ACADEMY BELIEVES THAT COMMUNITY SUPPORT AND INVOLVEMENT ARE CRITICAL IN HELPING STUDENTS TO BECOME WELL-ROUNDED AND SUCCESSFUL ADULT COMMUNITY MEMBERS. IT REALLY IS "ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!"